The purpose of the Louis and Mary Haddad Foundation Scholarship is to provide an annual award to at least one scholarship applicant. The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the attending university, college, or certification program for the sole purpose of paying educational expenses. The current estimated value of the Scholarship is $1,000.00.
Each scholarship applicant must, at the time of the award:
- Be a Suffolk, Virginia, resident.
- Provide authorized documentation of a learning disability.
- Have declared intention to pursue or continue a college degree or accredited career certification program.
- Be a senior in one of Suffolk, Virginia’s high schools.
- Demonstrate involvement in either school and community activities, or verification of employment.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
Submit an essay of 800-1,000 words on the following: How have your learning differences affected your ability to remain focused on your education? How did you overcome this challenge? What are your plans for the next three years?