The purpose of The William N. (Billy) Hill Scholarship is to provide an annual award to one scholarship applicant. The scholarship fund will be sent directly to the attending university or college for the sole purpose of paying college expenses. The current value of the Scholarship is $1,000.00.
To be eligible to receive the William N. (Billy) Hill Scholarship, each scholarship applicant must, at the time of the award:
- Be a resident of the City of Suffolk.
- Be a senior in one of Suffolk, VA’s public high schools
- Declare their intention to pursue a college degree in education.
- Be involved in either school or community activities, or provide verification of employment.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.