The purpose of the Samaritan Intern Scholarship is to provide an annual stipend to one summer intern applicant who has demonstrated interest in learning more about, working in, and possibly a career in, non-profit organizations. The stipend will be paid directly to the selected intern on a twice-monthly basis. The term of the internship is 9 weeks, approximately 30 hours per week, beginning in June annually, with the start date dependent upon the intern’s college schedule. The selected applicant will work for approximately 4 weeks at the Suffolk Foundation with the remaining 5 weeks divided between two additional non-profit agencies (selected by the Suffolk Foundation) located in Suffolk, VA. The current rate of the stipend is $10.50 per hour worked.
To be eligible to receive the Samaritan Intern Scholarship, each intern applicant must, at the time of the award:
• Be a resident of the City of Suffolk, Isle of Wight County, or Southampton County, VA;
• be currently enrolled in a college or university;
• be involved in either school or community activities;
• express their desire to consider a career with non-profit organizations.
• Selected applicants will be interviewed prior to award determination.
For technical assistance related to filling out the online form: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other questions: email@example.com